The Raspberry Pi Compute Module 3 Development Kit contains the following components:
Raspberry Pi Compute Module IO Board
This is the main development kit IO board into which the Compute Module SODIMM board is connected. It also contains all of the necessary interface ports to allow an engineer to design and test their own prototype application.
The IO board contains the following interfaces:
- Multiple GPIO interfaces on 2 60 way 0.1” Headers
- 1 x Micro USB connector type B – USB Slave
- 1 x USB connector type A – USB Host
- 2 x CSI ports for camera boards
- 2 x DSI ports for display boards
- Full size HDMI port
- Micro USB power connector
- Micro SD connector
The schematics and board design files for the Compute Module IO board have been published by the Raspberry Pi Foundation and detail the interconnection between the SODIMM socket and the interfaces on the IO board.
Just like the Raspberry Pi 3 Model B, the Raspberry Pi Compute Module 3 can run Windows 10 IoT Core.
The Compute Module 3 contains the following components contained within a 200 pin SODIMM design:
- Broadcom BCM2837 processor
- 1Gbyte LPDDR2 RAM
- 4Gbytes eMMC Flash
- 35u hard gold plated IO Pins